Kashmiri Shahi Dum Aloo Recipe
If you are looking for something outstanding to have in veg, Kashmiri Sahi dum aloo can be the best of all. This preparation is quite famous in North India and now, it is almost available in every restaurant. But, if you want to make at home, you need a perfect recipe. This preparation is really easy and the ingredients you need for making it are all handy. The main ingredient of this preparation is potato, which is readily available in every household. So, if you want to make your kids like the vegetarian item, prepare Kashmiri Sahi Dum Aloo and see how they like it.
Ingredients For Kashmiri Sahi Dum Aloo Recipe
To prepare Kashmiri Sahi Dum Aloo, you are going to need the following ingredients. We are making it for 4. Adjust the ingredients according to the serving.
- Baby potatoes- 600gm (boiled and peeled)
- Onions- 3 (medium size, finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Yogurt- ½ cup (whisked)
- Cashews- 12-15
- Tomato puree- ½ cup
- Kasuri methi- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Cardamom- 1
- Cinnamon stick- ½ inch
- Cloves- 2
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Red chili powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Whole spice powder- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/4tsp
- Cooking oil- 6tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- Prick potatoes with a fork and take them in a bowl. Add red chili powder, salt and MyMasala turmeric powder in it and mix well.
- Take a pan and heat oil. Shallow fry the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Add more oil to the pan and temper it with whole spices. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add cashew nuts and sauté them well. Now, add ginger and garlic and fry them a bit. Now toss onions into it until they turn golden brown.
- Now, turn off the heat and let the spices cool down. Once it is cool, grind them into a thick paste.
- Heat oil again and sprinkle few cumin seeds there. Once they start crackling, add MyMasala red chili powder into the pan. This will give the gravy a rich color.
- Now, add the paste of spices, you made earlier and toss it well in the pan. Cook it at low to medium flame.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder to the paste and stir well. Cook the spices until it leaves oil on the surface. If needed, you can add a little water.
- Next, you need to pour tomato puree and again cook the mixture for two minutes. Cover the pan for two minutes and let it be cooked in low flame.
- Open the lid and add curd. Stir well. If needed, you can add water. Add salt and sugar now, according to taste.
- Also, add kasuri methi and whole spice powder and stir well.
- Once you get the right consistency of the gravy, add the baby potatoes. Mix them well with the gravy, add water as much needed, and cover the pan to let the preparation boil.
- Open the lid after 10 minutes and your Kashmiri Sahi dum aloo is ready to serve.
You can have it with rice or roti and paratha. Take salads and curd as a side dish.